WIN THE MEMBER CHALLENGE
LET THE GUILD PAY YOUR EXPENSES AT
THE 2008 NATIONAL CONVENTION
IN THE TWIN CITIES OF MINNEAPOLIS AND ST. PAUL
(Expenses include convention registration, the bus transportation package, and five nights in the convention hotel)
The National Committee on Membership Development and Chapter Support invites you to take the 2007-2008 Member Challenge! This section will provide everything you need to know to take part in the Challenge - an integral part of the 2007-2008 AGO National Membership Campaign: Each OneReach One!
In 2005, the AGO launched a comprehensive campaign for membership growth. The goal of the campaign was to swell our ranks by encouraging all constituents of the Guild including officers, national committees, and local chapters to focus on the task of membership recruitment and retention. Under the leadership of Committee Director Shirley King and National Secretary Donald Sutherland, the Committee on Membership Development and Chapter Support developed a variety of detailed documents outlining membership initiatives that could be undertaken by all members of the Guild. The documents were enthusiastically endorsed by the National Council and thus the Each OneReach One campaign was born.
To reacquaint yourself with the original campaign, we invite you to review the following documents:
Through a series of grants and awards programs and a challenge competition designed specifically for chapters, the Membership Committee recognized the accomplishments of 27 chapters between 2005 - 2007 for their superior efforts by either designing high quality membership recruitment and retention campaigns or implementing them with very successful results.
THE CHALLENGE FOR 2007-2008
The National Committee on Membership Development and Chapter Support has decided to make 2007-08 the third and final year of the campaign. The primary focus of the 2007-08 campaign is the Member Challenge.
This challenge promises fun, larger membership numbers, national recognition, and the chance for you to have the National Headquarters of the Guild pay your expenses at the 2008 National Convention in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Expenses include convention registration, the bus transportation package, and five nights in the convention hotel.
Start recruiting new and former members* today. When you have new recruits to report, click here to register them online and enter the Challenge: Recruit Here On-Line.
Or download and print the following form and mail to AGO National Headquarters, 475 Riverside Drive, Suite 1260, New York, NY 10115, ATTN: MEMBER CHALLENGE.
MEMBERSHIP CHALLENGE GUIDELINES
1. Recruiters must obtain at least five new or former members* to be eligible for an award.
*Former members are those who were previously members of the Guild. Renewing members from the 2006-07 membership year do not count as former members. There is one exception to this rule: Chapter friends from the 2006-07 membership year who choose to change their membership to a voting membership can be counted as recruits.
2. New members recruited must be full voting members (regular, special, student, or partner), and may become a member of any chapter, or an independent member. Chapter friends are not voting members of the Guild.
3. Dual members and POE students receiving free membership may not be counted as recruited members.
4. Registrars and treasurers serving as registrars are not eligible to participate in the member challenge.
5. Names and contact information must be submitted to AGO National Headquarters on an Official Entry Form (see above) and entries must be received by April 15th, 2008.
Up to five winners will be selected and notified in May of 2008 and will be recognized at the 2008 National Convention in Minneapolis June 22-26, 2008. Winners will be determined by the National Membership Committee based on the information received at AGO National Headquarters. All names reported on Official Entry Forms will be verified by the AGO National Membership Department records. Recruits will be counted only if names are reported by AGO Chapters on an official 2007-08 Dues Report or submitted to National Headquarters as Independent Members.
Below are a variety of articles and materials to assist you in your membership recruitment and retention efforts.
- PDF of Sample Recruitment and Retention Letters
- Powerpoint Presentation: Energizing Your Chapter: 60 Tips In 60 Minutes!
- Powerpoint Presentation: AGO Chapter Membership Recruitment and Retention Marketing Plan
- PDF of 100 Ways to Encourage and Maintain Membership in Your AGO Chapter
- Building Chapter Membership: Identifying Potential Members
- Energizing Your Chapter: Membership Recruitment and Retention
- PDF of The Three “R’S” of Membership
- PDf of Myth Busters
- Membership Materials Order Form
Thanks for all of your help in making the 2007-08 Each OneReach One National Membership Campaign a success!!
Herbert Buffington, MMus, Director
3434 Habersham Road, NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
Peachtree Christian Church
1580 Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
David A. Lincoln, MM
6601 Weather Hill Drive
Willowbrook, IL 60527-1885
641 Old Hickory Blvd. #113
Brentwood, TN 37027
8015 Altavan Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90045-2509
Director of Membership and Administration
American Guild of Organists
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 1260
New York, NY 10115
212-870-2311, ext. 4304